cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Merky
Advocate

Tenda AC1200 router

Hi. I’ve had now broadband for a few years now and although it’s very good value, their router doesn’t cover my whole house. I’ve tried various extenders etc, but still no joy. I purchased a Tenda AC1200 router as the distance it can cover is very long. I connected to my hub 2 as an extension to my now hub 2. I wanted the same SSID on both, but my devices would not automatically switch to the strongest signal. I connected from my hub 2 to the WAN port of the Tenda router. I then switched off the wireless access point on the hub 2, so I only have the tender router working. This works perfectly, I have various fire sticks in all my rooms and they all work perfectly fine, with strong signals, I even get wifi in the garden about 90 foot away from the router. There is one issue that I’m not sure if it’s the setup or

my device. As an example, WhatsApp on my iPhone keeps coming up connecting, on some apps, when I select to go to the next step, I get no internet come up, or communication errors, but if I switch WiFi off and go to 4g it works fine and while I get internet errors on the app, the internet and streaming etc is all perfect on other devices TV’s etc around the home. Sorry for the long explanation, hopefully someone will shed light on this. Thanks I’m advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Merky 

Could be Privare Relay in the iPhone Settings (have you tried switching it off ?).

Assuming your Broadband Buddy in your NOW online  account is also set to age 18 or off as well.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Merky 

Just noticed a spelling mistake it should say Private Relay.

Merky
Advocate
Hi. Thanks for the quick reply.
I didn’t even think to look at the buddy. This seems to have been causing the issue. Thanks again, feel a bit stupid as recently I mentioned it to someone else.

Thanks
Whmc
Advocate

@Merky Hi. Sorry to hijack your question. I have a Tenda AC1200 just purchased, is it possible to use it with any sim that as data pre loaded?. Not had it set up yet but there's lots of pre paid data deals and just wondering if this is what you use. Thanks

Jayach
Elite 3

@Whmc 

Tenda AC1200 is not a single device, it's just a make and a Wi-Fi speed.

@Merky is talking about a standard broadband router and you appear to be referring to a mobile Wi-Fi device, so I doubt their experience is relevant to you.