cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wifi Calling

I live in a mobile phone black spot. Have got a new phone using the EE network and enabled Wifi Calling on it so I can get texts and voice calls from doctor etc but it won't connect to my Now Broadband (Fab Fibre) router. Does Now Broadband support Wifi Calling?

8 REPLIES 8
chilli2
Elite

WiFi calling should work on any WiFi network.

It's usually down to the phone and mobile network.

What phone are you using?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying. Moto G62s with Android 11. When I try to select Wifi calling with it, it gives a message about EE, 3 and Vodaphone networks being unavailable, which makes me suspect there's no "bridge" or whatever the technical term is between Now Broadband and EE.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User looking at EE's help page, that device isn't supported on the EE network for WiFi calling.

https://deviceguides.ee.co.uk/motorola/

RoyB
Legend

@Saint1976 

Are you sure that page doesn’t just mean that EE won’t sell you a Moto G62?

But what is a Moto G62s? I can’t find that designation on the web, only 5G:-

https://latestmobilefaq.com/motorola-moto-g62-5g-faqs-nfc-4k-camera-usb-otg-ir-blaster/

Q : Does Motorola Moto G62 5G support Wifi Calling?
A : Yes, it does supports Wifi Calling, You can use WhatsApp, Viber, Skype or Facebook for calling

Is it the same? And does the reply above presume that it can be used with only some services?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Saint1976
Elite 3

@RoyB the link I provided is from this page

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/using-your-phone-features/how-do-i-use-...

Who can use wi-fi calling? "check the device specifications in our device guides".

Wi-fi calling is not the same as WhatsApp etc where you are making a call or sending messages (device to device) via an internet connection. Wi-fi calling in @Anonymous User case uses wi-fi to connect to the carrier network.

I think in this instance, @Anonymous User would be better off asking EE directly if their phone is supported.

RoyB
Legend

@Saint1976 @Anonymous User 

Curiouser and curiouser - EE will sell you a Moto G62; it’s one of only two Motorola phones they have on Pay Monthly. Maybe it is what @Anonymous User  has.

Definitely start with EE on this though; let them, with all their commercial clout, talk to Now if Now is ar fault here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

ar=at     

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK I shall follow that up. Thanks!