cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watch AppleTV Subscription on other devices

Hello all,

First post to this forum so apologies in advance if this has been covered before.

Some months ago I subscribed to a Movie Pass on my AppleTV device which is in the house I had expected to be living in.  Recent events curtailed that plan 😞

I have installed the NowTV app on a Roku device I have attached to the TV where I am just now.  I had read online that I should be able to use the subscription I have by creating a NowTV account which I have done using the same credentials I have for my AppleTV.  The online advice said to subscribe to the same pass as on my AppleTV and to then immediately cancel it which I did.

This did not seem to have any effect, my NowTV account continues to show no subscriptions however I am being billed by Apple for the subscription 

I am going to try the same process again just in case I did something wrong last time but can I simply check with the hive mind if I have understood the process correctly and can I indeed watch the AppleTV subscription that I am currently paying for on other devices?

If I can, have I got the steps right or have I missed something basic for which I need to slap my forehead and utter "Doh!"

Thanks in advance,

Mark

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have never bought any NowTV Passes via Apple iTunes so i don't know if the policy has changed, where if you purchased a NowTV pass from iTunes you can only use the NowTV Pass on the Apple TV boxes.

if you want to watch your NowTV passes on other NowTV supported devices, then my understanding was you need to create a separate NowTV account and buy your passes directly from NowTV or apply voucher codes on your NowTV account.

where you need to login to all your playback devices with the new NowTV account created details (including the Apple TV boxes via the NowTV App).

Also to stop two passes running concurrently ie one pass from iTunes & one pass from NowTV you need to fully cancel your iTunes NowTv passes.

Like i said i haven't used iTunes for NowTV passes so perhaps the rules & procedures have changed the last time i checked a couple of years ago.

I did find this from the NowTV Help Centre.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/movies-entertainment-sports-apple-tv