cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gibbo1471
Scholar

Sr204 sky router

Hi all been offered a sky router sr204 model not the sr203 would this be ok to use still as it's a different model I want to use it instead of my nowrouter to help with wifi strength 

13 REPLIES 13
Pototea
Advocate

Hi there, does anyone have any success in getting the SR204 working? I am having the same issue of no Internet when I plug this router in and leave for awhile.

A quick Google search reveals that this router may possibly be for gfast only and not backwards compatible.

I did a search on this forum and see a handful of posts of people recommending the sr204 but no posts confirming this router actually works with Now.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Judging from previous posts it looks like it works with G.fast only. Otherwise ask Sky, or whoever you got it it from.

RoyB
Legend

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Difference-between-sr203-and-sr204/td-p/4076773

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Pototea
Advocate

Thanks all. I left the sr204 overnight and still no joy. I bought an sr203, plugged it in and within 5 minutes the internet was working. Small improvement on the now broadband router in download and u9load speeds. My main issue 8s when multiple devices are connected so hopefully this will improve things.

I'm glad I found this forum, the advice has been super helpful. Thank you!