cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vito

Signal keep going off

Hi,

Although I have super fibre signature, my internet keep going off all the time, specially in the afternoon, which makes almost impossible to work from home. It generally goes off for a couple of minutes (it seems to happen specially when I am on calls) then goes back on. It has been happening for months now. Do you know how can the issue be sorted out and if I am entitled to any sort of compensation? Furthermore, it seems to be impossible to speak with a human using the system available so any help with that is also appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Vito

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Vito 

Compensation only starts when you report the issue to Now Broadband,

If you suffer it in silence, they probably don’t even know you have a problem 😢

Give them a call to start the process; we fellow-customers on this Community cannot do anything much more than advise you how to do this.

For Broadband customers only with Broadband-related issues only, call 150 from a Now landline, or take your pick of:-

0800 759 1213, 0330 041 2518, 0330 041 2462, 0330 332 3050, 0330 041 2473, 0333 759 4816

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@Vito wrote:
It generally goes off for a couple of minutes (it seems to happen specially when I am on calls) then goes back on.

Assuming you are referring to using the telephone to make calls, you need to check that the connection has been correctly made.

So the router should be connected direct to the master socket, using the filter if required, and if the master socket is not pre-filtered, any extensions in use should also have filters.

If the wiring looks correct, I would suggest changing any filters that are in use.

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach @Vito 

Good thought. I’ve had filters go bad, after which making or receiving phone calls can disrupt the broadband.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB wrote:

@Jayach @Vito 

Good thought. I’ve had filters go bad, 

Me too, and despite thinking I know what I'm doing with broadband, it was the last thing I thought of. 🤣