cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Setting up NowTV Hub 2

I have seen this same question posed before but the solution was only a link to the installation guide

I currently have a Plusnet hub that is connected via a BT router which was installed to speed up my Plusnet broadband. The Nowtv hub only requires the one cable direct to the BT socket

i need to make sure I have uninterrupted service when my NowTV broadband goes live on Monday an I am concerned - is the BT router now redundant or will I need a different hub?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To use the NowTV Broadband service, you ideally need the supplied NowTV Hub Router or a Sky Router if the NowTV Hub Router hasn't been delivered or been delayed during despatch.

The Plusnet Router will not work over the NowTV Broadband service.

You need to plug the NowTV Hub Router directly into your BT master telephone socket.

If your wifi signal is poor using the NowTV Hub Router, then i believe you could use another Router has a wifi access point where you need to disable the wifi from the NowTV Hub (though the NowTV Hub Router must be the main connection into the telephone socket). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply 

that wasn’t quite what I was asking. My Nowtv hub has arrived but the connections are different to the Plusnet hub. The latter has two cables, one from the BT router and one from the master socket. The Nowtv hub only requires one cable directly to the main BT socket (as was the case when the Plusnet was originally installed)

the bt router was installed by BT/ Plusnet to improve broadband speeds but it seems it isn’t needed or can’t be used with Nowtv. My concern was whether I will get sufficient speeds/ connection if I dont use the BT router 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Do you mean you have got an older BT Openreach modem box between your telephone socket and your Plusnet Router ?

If so i had a similar setup when i was on BT where i was using the BT Openreach Modem box and the older BT Hub 4 Router together.

When i switched to NowTV i removed both the BT Openreach Modem box plus BT Hub Router in my setup and plugged the NowTV Hub Router directly into the master telephone socket by following the instructions that came in the box with the NowTV Router.

Here's a photo of the BT Openreach Modem box used on older installations.

index(3).jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes exactly that, thank you. I guess from your reply the new nowhub worked fine and you got ok connection speeds etc?

I have such a busy job I am nervous of getting issues, especially like so many of us when we are working at home. 

thanks again 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also have a read of this 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-set-up-my-now-broadband-hub 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, have that thank you. It was the instructions that prompted my question. I go live on Monday so hoping it will be up and running without issues