cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a way to turn wifi off each night?

Is there a way to schedule the wifi to go off every night at say 10/11pm and come back on in the morning? Trying to find a way to cut down time online for kids automatically.

3 REPLIES 3
Saint1976
Elite 3

Are you a now TV broadband and TV customer? If so, broadband buddy has parental controls but a quick look online says they're not as fully functioned as the sky version. Still worth a look at.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-and-manage-broadband-buddy

Most, if not all routers will have built in parental controls that allow internet access to be switched off to single devices between certain times. I'm not going to tell you to play around with router settings but someone else may give you that help, or when things start to reopen, the live chat team may help.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I haven't setup any time schedule blocking on my NowTV Hub Router (no need for me because i haven't got any young kids in the house).

Though i would have thought if you followed this YouTube link the principle and instructions on the Sky Router would be in a similar format & layout has the NowTV Routers (i haven't tried the YouTube video link but it does look well presented with clear instructions from watching it).

Will leave it for you to try and test.

Instead of using sky has the password in YouTube video use nowtv.

If anything goes wrong and you get stuck, then hold the reset button on the back of the NowTV Router for about 10 seconds should then reset your Router back to default once you received it.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=schedule+times+on+sky+q+router&qs=n&sp=-1&pq=schedule+times+on+sky+qrouter&sc=0-29&sk=&cvid=29A5564C1A1F4769A54928F4B926D5CD&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dschedule%2btimes%2bon%2bsky%2bq%2brouter%26qs%3dn%26form%3dQBRE%26sp%3d-1%26pq%3dschedule%2btimes%2bon%2bsky%2bqrouter%26sc%3d0-29%26sk%3d%26cvid%3d29A5564C1A1F4769A54928F4B926D5CD&view=detail&mmscn=vwrc&mid=33A6DEE7BA5D0374F49C33A6DEE7BA5D0374F49C&FORM=WRVORC 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a similar problem, but am only trying to restrict access for 1 particular device, between bedtime and morning. We were with Sky previously and they have a feature to setup an allowed devices list, if a device is not in the list it does not get access, when the list is activated. It was a manual process to turn the list on, but it worked. NOWTV does not have a similar feature so I am trying to use the firewall and schedule settings to limit access between specific times, for this one device, but have so far been unable to make this work. I don't know if its the schedule that does not work or the firewall settings. If I find an answer, I will update here.