cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't use MegaSync or access mega.nz website

I'm using MegaSync service (similar to Dropbox/Google Drive). It was working yesterday, now it seems to be blocked.

Both the client and mega.nz website don't work anymore (connection timing out) using my broadband. On my Mac and on the phone as well, when connected to NowTV wifi.

They work fine using a 4g connection and a neighbour WIFI.

When I was using the client yesterday it was using the full bandwidth so sync my cloud folder, is it possible that there's now some kind of block/filtering because of this? I haven't changed anything on the router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot have you had a play around with the NowTV Broadband Buddy software settings to see if one of the security filters is blocking access ?

To reach Broadband Buddy go to My Account > Settings & Pins whilst logged in on here with your Broadband sign in details.

I would try with a temporary parental rating of 18 to see if that makes any difference and also go into customize setting and add the website you wish to access has a Allowed site.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot have you had a play around with the NowTV Broadband Buddy software settings to see if one of the security filters is blocking access ?

To reach Broadband Buddy go to My Account > Settings & Pins whilst logged in on here with your Broadband sign in details.

I would try with a temporary parental rating of 18 to see if that makes any difference and also go into customize setting and add the website you wish to access has a Allowed site.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, @schnapps 

yes, setting the parental rating to 18 solved the problem. Thanks!