cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Setting up Now TV on SonyTV app

Hi there,

I got a pass for my elderly parents and am trying to help them set it up on their TV remotely (difficult). We’ve managed to get the app downloaded via Google Play store on to their TV and it says go to NowTv.com/sony to get pass

weve done that on their iPad and they’re all logged on there - but they’re saying there isn’t an option to log in on the TV app and that it just says to go online to get a pass to that web address. FaceTime is unclear so I can’t see any more options but sure there must be a way to log in on TV - or is there someone when you’re on iPad / laptop that then enables the TV to pick up your details?

any help appreciated! X

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you opened the NowTV App on the Sony Smart TV and scroll towards the bottom of the screen where there should be a tile box saying My Account.

Click on My Account and there should be an option to sign in with the NowTV account details that you purchased the pass on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much for coming back to me! So the screen doesn’t move at all. We’ve opened it on the app (which is all installed), it’s just showing half a screen ad to the right with Gangs of London, then on left hand side talks about passes and says to go to that nowtv.com/Sony page to get pass, then there is a big “close” button - but they said the screen doesn’t move or let them scroll or anything...

so annoying as I’m not there! Should they be able to log on Through app - but with a different interface showing up with that option? If so just need to figure out how to get that.. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Didn’t remember to tag!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What happens if you click on the close button ?

Out of curiosity what is the model of the Sony Smart TV ?

I don't own a Sony Android Smart TV , but i would have thought you would download the NowTV App from the Sony Apps Store (just in case you have accidentally downloaded the Android NowTV Mobile App not suitable for the Sony Smart TV).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps @gavs82008  Thank you both so much! They managed to get the close thing to work then we could log in on the TV and all working!  I think their Sony remote is a bit sticky and also they’re not the most tech savvy! 

thank you both though - legends! X

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Glad you got it sorted. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Being a proud owner of Sony Bravia Android TV. What you’ll see at tha bottom left is an option to “close”, all that your seeing on the screen is advertising.

When you hit “close” you’ll get the normal homepage.  And from there you’ll be able to login as per instructions from @schnapps 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help