cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Robovac won't connect to router

I have a muzil robovac which will not connect to my Now Router Two. It worked fine on my previous talktalk router.

The router's ssid is public, and I am connecting to the 2.4G band. 

Can I add the machine's MAC address to the router? 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My IT Network Skills are non-existent, but see if anything on this linked page below taken from the Sky Community Broadband forum helps in anyway.

To access the NOW Hub 2 Router webpage settings type 192.168.0.1 in your url internet browser address bar.

Might be a good idea to also reset your Robovac before making any changes on the NOW Hub Router.

When you click on the wireless tab and when prompted type in admin & nowtv to rename and split the wifi bands and un- synchronise 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

Never tried myself giving any of my internet connected devices an ip address and left it to the Router to automatically assign. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/sky-broadband-wifi-2-4g-doesn-t-work-on-smart-devices/m-p/3763278 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll do this. My IT skills are way out of date! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have a muzil robovac which will not connect to my Now Router Two. It worked fine on my previous talktalk router.

The router's ssid is public, and I am connecting to the 2.4G band. 

Can I add the machine's MAC address to the router? 

Adding the MAC address to the router won't help, it will still need to pass the WI-FI password check.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, thanks. I was hoping it was some kind of firewall / whitelist issue.