cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lmc1976

Recent moved to NOW broadband,Internet drops in and out.

Hi, having recently moved from BT to NOW broadband I signed up to a package that I thought would provide the same level of internet connectivity.

although on the whole NOW is not to bad it does do a very strange thing whereby for no apparent reason I will do a internet search and it just refuses to connect to the site, it’s not restriction related it’s just, for example, groceries or shopping sites.

we also have an issue where some of our emails refuse to open and it says my settings won’t allow it to upload.

I’ve been through all my settings and can’t find any restrictions?

any advice would be appreciated I just want hassle free browsing!😀

ps I have done a router reset this hasn’t worked.

3 REPLIES 3
Lmc1976

As an update to above some of my emails say “Your network settings prevent content from loading privately”

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lmc1976 

Have you changed your online account Broadband Buddy Settings from the default Age 13 rating ?

Also using the NOW Hub 2 Router I find enabling IPV6 causes certain access problems or dropouts when using the internet, I have disabled IPV6 on my NOW Hub Router and don't have any access problems with internet sites or Apps together with my Broadband Buddy set to age 18.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lmc1976 

Here's some information with regards to Broadband Buddy if you haven't changed anything on your online account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/broadband-buddy-troubleshooting