cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xiang
Mentor

We have SAT 1 and SAT 2 sockets, do engineers still need to drill holes in the wall?

Hello everyone,

I have just moved into a new flat and I see these four sockets in the wall.

They are SAT1, SAT2, TV, and Radio.

Do the engineers at NOW still need to drill holes in the wall? Because I need to get the landlord's permission if I need to drill holes. What is the diameter of the holes?

9 REPLIES 9
Jayach
Elite 3

Now broadband in delivered via the BT/Openreach phone socket. Do you have one of those?

Xiang
Mentor

Yeah, Jayach. At the entrance door, I saw a socket labelled BT.

Xiang
Mentor

Sorry, it is not possible to upload images here. Does this mean that no further drilling is required.

RoyB
Legend

@Xiang 

New users, such as yourself, have to get a number of postings under their belt before they can post images.

In the meantime, you could put a picture on a public resource, and post a link to it,

Given that you have a BT box, though, look for a part number or some other Id on it. Though even if a new box is needed, the wire back to the cabinet will not change, so as long as there is actually a wire from the box exiting your dwelling, no more drilling should be needed.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Xiang
Mentor

Oh! It worked. I put a picture link below. Thank you so much. Your reply was very helpful. I think I've learned a new skill, hahaha.

Xiang
Mentor

BT socket

Xiang
Mentor

Jayach
Elite 3

Yes, your broadband router will connect into there, via a filter. (which will come with the router)

Xiang
Mentor

Thank you so much, Jayach.