cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem starting apps on phones

Hi, we have just signed up to Nowtv broadband and have the Nowtv hub2. We all have android phones Samsung j3 and samsung s9 and have found that we cannot open the now tv app wilst on the wifi but it will fire up fine if you switch to 4g.  This problem is the same with iplayer and all4 apps. does anyone have a solution for this? 

cheers,

James

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A couple of things you could try is by going to My Account whilst signed in on here and under Settings & Pin's change the Broadband Buddy settings or under custom add the websites manually you wish to access.

Another thing which was mentioned previously on the forum was that a couple NowTV Broadband users with Andriod phones was having issues access to the their phone Apps.

Firstly go into your Android phone settings and disable IPV6 and use IPV4 only in the APN settings.

https://www.cactusvpn.com/tutorials/how-to-disable-ipv6-on-android/

If your phone won't allow to change from IPV6 to IPV4 then see if you can disable IPV6 somewhere under the NowTV Hub settings.

My Android phone is set at IPV4 under default, so if have never needed to access my NowTV Hub Router settings to see if disabling IPV6 makes any difference.

The only alterations that i have changed on my NowTV Broadband was to change the Broadband Buddy settings from PG13 where there are no kids in my house and go into the Hub Router settings and rename for ease of use and identity both the 2.4ghz & 5ghz wifi bands.

To access the Hub Router use an internet browser and type in the url address bar 192.168.0.1 where the user name is admin and password is nowtv.

Also how many wifi devices have you got connected to the NowTV Hub 2 router where i read somewhere on the Sky forum that more than 14 number wifi devices causes issues with the Hub router.