cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katiecmh
Advocate

Openreach delays for 2 months and counting

I'm looking for advice from NOW broadband team or anyone who's experienced similar issues with delays to service setup. Mine was booked at the start of November, every week since then I've received another update saying it's been delayed for another 7-10 days, with no explanation as to why or when the issue is likely to be solved.

I work remotely, and have had to use my hotspot for the last 2 months which has cost me in excess of £400, plus the internet is slow and I can't do my usual calls very well, it's just causing me a lot of problems at work and I need to get it sorted.

I've spoken to countless members of the Now broadband team, who always say the same thing i.e. they don't know anything else, they'll ask Openreach for an update, and that's all they can do. But a couple of weeks ago I spoke to a guy who assured me that the delay was "in its final stages" and my broadband would be up and running "within a few days". Well, that was 12 days ago and I'm still receiving the weekly delay updates.

I just need to know what to do at this point, it's getting so ridiculous and cost me so much money that I no longer know what else to do. Any advice appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Katiecmh 

Well, the automatic compensation is about keeping pace with your hotspot spend, though I think you could have found a cheaper data plan if you had known how long this was going to take.

Have you asked any other ISPs if they could do it sooner, especially those offering FTTP, if that is available where you live?

But I go back to my mantra; Now is domestic broadband, and while they don’t seem to mind people WFH over it, they aren’t doing anything that reflects the increased demands this brings, in terms of timely service provision and service continuity. You really would be better off with Business Broadband,  such as that offered by Sky, for a very few pounds more than Now charge for the service you are (not) getting from them 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Katiecmh 

Just to let you know that you shouldn’t expect a reply from broadband staff on here as per the purpose of the forum.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/what-is-community-for

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

As @RoyB alluded to, are any other broadband option available where you live.

View broadband availability - Ofcom Checker