cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JD3
Advocate

10 months with no phone line and counting....

Broadband works fine, phone line does not.

The phone worked until the day I switched over from Talk Talk.

Requested to keep my phone number but this was changed to a new number.

You can dial in to the new number but cannot dial out.

Multiple engineer visits confirm that there is NOTHING wrong at my house, one engineer even went to the exchange to have a look and CONFIRMED that there was an issue there.

This was reported back but nothing was done.

Called again and again just to be told that we need to have an engineer visit the house and that as the previous engineer found nothing wrong at the house, the case was now closed.

I will 100% be switching over to another provider when my contract is up.  

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JD3 
You’ll be in the right to cancel and move now without penalty as NOW aren’t providing you a service that you signed up for.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

@gavs82008 wrote:

@JD3 
You’ll be in the right to cancel and move now without penalty as NOW aren’t providing you a service that you signed up for.

True, but don't do it without going through the NOW complaints procedure or you may get a Early Termination Fee.

NowAJ
Mentor

We had the no incoming calls problem with another provider, Virgin was the line owner and did not release the number for a month, the provider paid compensation for the lack of service based on a daily rate specified by Ofcom

NowAJ
Mentor

Tried to edit my last post but couldn't see how to do it on my phone!  Anyway although your problem is different (new number, no outgoing calls) the compensation principle may still apply.  But it did take multiple calls to customer service to get it fixed and agree the compensation, which was to some extent a gesture of goodwill as the standard compensation only applied to full loss of phone service.  So as recommended earlier do contact customer service.

RoyB
Legend

@NowAJ 

Edit is in the three vertical dots top right on the posting, but only for a limited time after you have made the posting. If you go to the three dots and the Edit option isn’t there, then you have missed your time window and have to make another post, as you have done.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
JD3
Advocate

Thank you for the replies everyone, I'll get in touch with customer services again.