cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Openreach cabinet full

7 weeks in, dozens of phone calls, push backs, one employee told me 'I could just leave NOW', no contact ever made by Tier 2 and now I receive a text saying: 

"Hi, it's NOW TV. Just a quick update on your order, Openreach have advised your street cabinet is currently full and we are awaiting capacity to get you connected to your Now Broadband and Calls service. When capacity has become available we will write to you confirming when you will go active (...) We will review your order and provide a further update on 04/12/20."

4 people all working from home, using unstable mobile data to work every day and now this has been extended until December. There's no help, there's no support and frankly I'm confused as to how this is possible - this is not a new build, it's a flat in London, how is there no capacity and why did it take 2 months to come to this conclusion. The service simply isn't good enough (I have filled multiple complaint forms prior to receiving this text and have had no replies). 

Is anyone else experiencing this and just generally terrible customer service from Now? 

3 REPLIES 3
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Steele

Can't offer any help but "Full Cabinet Syndrome", never (ever) heard of that before and although possible it doesn't seem probably.

If I were you, I wouldn't continue to suffer, I would take the Now TV's agents advice.

UK Bob

Saint1976
Elite 3

@ukbobboy @Anonymous User I've never heard of that problem either but a quick trip to Google finds that it's a bigger issue than you might think.

I know you say you're not in a new build but consider the amount of properties that get split into flats (or in my current experience of living in London, offices being converted to flats) and the problem could quickly appear.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/05/the-impact-from-full-to-capacity-fttc-broadband-cabinets-2020.html

Screenshot_20201106-115040.jpg

ukbobboy
Legend

@Saint1976  @Anonymous User 

Cheers Saint

Did not know that "Full Cabinet Syndrome" was a thing, simply because I thought that a big company like Openreach would have incorporated "cabinet expansion" as part of their ongoing business plan.

However, I will admit that Covid 19 has made normal business planning almost impossible and so most, if not all, businesses are now planning on the "fly".

Sorry Steele, it seems you're a victim of this world-wide pandemic and, more immediately, the unpredictable surge in broadband installation orders.

Therefore, and if true, no Openreach based ISP can guarantee an Internet installation line unless more space becomes available or bigger cabinets are built (timescale unknown).

UK Bob