cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zboot
Advocate

Cabinet full

Hi,

We moved to a new property a month ago and were due to have our broadband set up 19/09. Originally told the port was faulty on activation date, so there’d be a small wait. Then got updates every 5-6 days saying it would be more time to fix and the issue was with Openreach. Called customer services a few times but basically told to stop as I was just wasting their time. Now got a text today:

Hi, it's NOW. Just a quick update on your order, Openreach have advised your street cabinet is currently full and we are awaiting capacity to get you connected to your NOW Broadband service. When capacity has become available we will write to you confirming when you will go active. For more information go to nowtv.com/capacity-delay. Don't worry, billing for your NOW Broadband service won't start until your services have been activated. We will review your order and provide a further update on 12/10/23.

Very annoyed and unsure how it’s taken us 4 weeks to learn the cabinet is full, but my question is - is there anything we can do? We both regularly work from home and really need this sorted, and have moved to an area where people don’t seem to move away much so worried this will make the wait even longer. How long has it taken this issue to get resolved in people’s experiences? And is it even worth looking to other providers? Thank you 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@zboot 

Is FTTP in your area? As NOW only offer FTTC and that connection is certainly on the way out. 

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/08/one-month-until-openreach-stop-selling-new-uk-analogue...

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
zboot
Advocate

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve just checked, no it isn’t available for us and not for a while it seems. Does that limit our options? Thank you

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@zboot 

You would only be snookered if your area was in a stop sell for FTTC. Certainly no harm in checking out other providers, but you might get the same issue.

Alternatively you could go down the route of mobile broadband if your phone signal is decent enough. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

Tricky one, stick, or twist? If your only option is FTTC then other suppliers may also be limited and in any event it would take a minimum of 14 days to get a service up and running. Personally, I would wait for the promised further update in a couple of days before making your next move. 

Jayach
Elite 3

As @gavs82008 says, definately check other suppliers. Allocation to cabinet spots does seem to vary between ISPs. (although I'm not sure why it should)