cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv to projector issue

My Viewsonic control pairs with my projector, but the volume button will not sync. I’ve tried all the steps and have had no luck. It’s a Viewsonic X-10 projector. It works fine with my Amazon fire stick and control but not with now tv stick and control
4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing your Fire TV remote works over Bluetooth and either your Projector or AV Receiver is Bluetooth compatible ?

The nowtv smart remote works over IR and has mainly commonly used Television manufacturers volume command codes inbuilt into the remote.

This linked article explains that the remote volume command doesn't work on every product and AVR's or Sound bars which is not HDMI CEC compatible.

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/115013019828-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-enhanced-remote-to-control-my-tv-

Perhaps go through the step by step instructions on this trouble shooting guide to see if you get any success (no guarantee it will work mind, where there may be a compatibility problem between the nowtv remote and your Projector / AVR and remote doesn't have the necessary volume command code).

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/360004786894-why-is-my-roku-enhanced-remote-not-controlling-volume-and-power-on-my-tv-

RoyB
Legend

hi @Anonymous User 

I’m trying to understand your exact problem here.

Where is the NowTV Stick connected - plugged directly into the projector, or what?

Are you saying that audio and video are out of sync on the projector? If so, does the projector have any correction for this?

Or are you saying that the Viewsonic control has volume buttons, but these will not control the volume of the NowTV programme? They should, if they control the volume of the Bluetooth speakers on the projector, because the Stick, as if it was plugged into a TV, is passing audio at the standard HDMI levels.

Or are you trying the use the volume controls on the NowTV Stick, but finding that you can’t pair the Viewsonic projector with these for some reason? This is the issue that @schnapps covers above.

The links are Roku links, not NowTV links, as NowTV devices, both remote controls and Sticks/boxes, are actually made by Roku, and sometimes Roku have better help articles than NowTV do, but which are still entirely applicable to NowTV devices. That is the case here, where the Roku articles go into much more detail about possible issues than the NowTV Help does.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hey Roy, thank you so much for getting back to me. I suppose, I’m being lazy, but the Viewsonic projector control works fine. It’s just that it would be easier to use one control for everything. The NowTV Roku smart control works to change the channel and navigate around the NowTV stick (which is plugged directly into an hdmi in the projector) but the volume button and power button don’t seem to work. When I take the control through the steps in settings to pair the volume, it doesn’t work.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

OK, very much as @schnapps describes then. If you go through the extended dialogue as described in that Roku document he referenced, do you get the chance to type in Viewsonic?

If so, and that doesn’t work, maybe try SKY, or UMC.

If you look at this resource, you can see a range of codes for Viewsonic. I know these are for Humax remotes, and don’t directly apply here, but each number represent a bundle of control codes, and you can see from the list which other manufacturers’ devices might use the same bundles.

So if your Viewsonic uses, say, bundle 307, but the NowTV remote does not know this, you could try typing SKY, which also potentially uses this bundle, and might lock on for you.

It might also be worth putting your query to Viewsonic support; they may have been asked about the NowTV/Roku remote before, and know the answer.

And even if not, they will have a vested interest in finding a pairing that will work with this remote, for existing and future customers, if this is possible.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.