cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New customer for broadband and telephone in vulnerable group

Hello, I'm due to connect to your service on 25/03/2020 for landline and broadband.

I'm elderly and in a vulnerable group currently self isolating, and being able to stay in touch with friends, family and my doctors is essential at this time more than ever.

I just wanted to please request that caller ID is activated on my telephone line as soon as it is connected on 25/03/2020, as I have a call guardian system in place on my phone handset to protect me from unwanted calls and obviously caller ID needs to be working for my friends, family and doctors to be able to get through to me directly.

Also I received an email about my order on 12/03/2020, saying:

"We're really sorry but we've had to make a change to your order.
We know how annoying this can be and hope it doesn't cause you too much trouble."

But I'm really confused as the email didn't say what the change actually was.

Please could you let me know what the change was as now I'm a bit worried about it.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I had a similar email a while back which i posted in this linked thread below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-and-Billing-Broadband/quot-Finish-Setting-Up-Your-Account-quot/td-p/463884/highlight/true 

According to this linked help article below Caller ID is free, though when i signed up to Caller ID about 18 months ago i had to ask NowTV to start it on my phone line.

However reading the help article below there is no mention of that from what i can see so i am assuming it's done automatically nowadays by NowTV without the need to contact them.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/call-features 

If you want assurances directly from NowTV (where the Community Forum is mainly used by customers) then you will be better off either phoning the telephone number on the link page below or copy & paste your post on the forum here onto the web form (linked in blue) contained in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Just has a precaution i would suggest sending them your questions on the blue linked web form where they say they will get back within 24 hours (according to the article).

Sorry i couldn't offer any further advice or help, where i am just a customer like your good self.

Stay Safe.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this, you've certainly put my mind at rest.

And thank you also for providing the link to the form, I was really struggling to find any contact method (as live chat is down and I'm not very good on the telephone) so that will be really helpful for me.

Yes, you're quite right , I was talking about caller display - basically my phone handset only allows numbers in its memory (those of my friends and family and doctors) to come through directly, with all other numbers calling having to be screened first. And of course caller display needs to be active for my handset to match the caller's number with the list of allowed numbers in my handset's memory.

Thank you once again for all your help, it is very much appreciated.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am not familiar with Call Guardian, but when you say Caller ID i am assuming in my previous above posted reply, you mean Caller display which shows the incoming call telephone number on your telephone handset or machine ?

Thought i would just ask to make sure for clarification purposes.