cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My sports pass is not working

Hello.   I have just bought a week’s golf sports pass for my husband who is not well. How do I access this golf on my tv (I do have now tv on it) and how do I get it on his iPad.   I have already tried but can’t seem to do it.  Please make it easy I am in my 70's.

Thank you hopefully.

Julie

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What model Smart TV do you have where it needs to be either an LG or Samsung ?

Can you see the NowTV App on your TV's App Store ?

If you have a Youview box connected to your TV and are attempting to watch via the NowTV App on the Youview box, then unfortunately at the moment the NowTV App on the Youview Platform only currently supports NowTV on demand movies and not Sports or Entertainment.

Have you tried opening the NowTV inbuilt App on your LG or Samsung Smart TV, scroll down to the My Account section and signed into the App with the same details you used to buy the one week sports pass.

With an iPad you need to download the NowTV App from the IOS App Store and then sign into the App.

The one week sports pass will start as soon has you start watching one of the eleven Sky Sports channels.

Help article here how to install the NowTV App on your iPad.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/installing-now-tv-on-ios-tablet-mobile

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello schnapps
Thank you for replying so quickly. I have done as you said and got the app onto the iPad and it's all ready to go 😀
I am not good with the tv one though. It’s a Samsung and is a Youview box a small white box at the front and attached to the back of the tv then it seems I am out of luck. I have the intruction booklet here and it calls it a Nowtv box ?

Julie
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The white box you are describing sounds to me like the nowtv generation one box has shown in the picture below.

Now-TV-Box-Review-2.jpg

This nowtv box is a bit long in the tooth now, but if everything is setup on your TV and WiFi it should still work with your NowTV sports pass.

Have you still got the remote control for it ?

If so, plug the power adapter into your mains socket for the white nowtv box and switch it on (hopefully a white light will show on the front of the box) then press the Home Button on the white remote.

Then make sure your television is on the correct HDMI input connected to the white box (press the input source button on your television remote controller until you hopefully find the nowtv screen showing).

If the white nowtv box hasn't been used in a while, hopefully it will be still connected to your wifi on your Router and may take a while (maybe 10 minutes or so to download the latest software).

Give it a try and report back how far you get if there is any error codes or message coming up on your television screen once the white box is switched on.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you get stuck also see if there is anything in this linked article that helps.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-box

Should have also mentioned if you haven't used the white nowtv remote controller in a while it may need fresh new batteries.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello Schnapps
I have done as you have said and I am in 👍😁 and everything’s working ok and we can see the golf.
I am so grateful, thank you so much. My husband has cancer and is now unable to play golf but this will be good for him to watch.
Please have a gold star from me the non-techy 70 plus year old......

Best wishes

Julie
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly sorry to hear about your husband.

Glad you got the NowTV Sports Pass working on your iPad and the white NowTV box (consider you are not a Techie Geek you done well and deserve a pat on the back) 👍.