cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mally

Is sports day pass in hd?

Looking at getting a sports day pass, is it in hd?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mally 

Without the additional Boost Membership it will be 720p.

With Boost you get 1080p on most devices, but more importantly you get 50fps instead of 25fps on most devices which makes a big difference in my opinion when watching Sports.

If you don't subscribe to any other NOW Membership and the Day Sports Pass will only be purchased occasionally, then Boost would be a waste.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mally 

Without the additional Boost Membership it will be 720p.

With Boost you get 1080p on most devices, but more importantly you get 50fps instead of 25fps on most devices which makes a big difference in my opinion when watching Sports.

If you don't subscribe to any other NOW Membership and the Day Sports Pass will only be purchased occasionally, then Boost would be a waste.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

Mally

Cheers. I won't bother then. Such a rip off adding boost to get HD, when a day pass is £11.99.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mally 

720p is HD, just not full HD which is 1080p.

Agreed though that 1080p should be there as standard 😡

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mally 

For me there isn't much difference watching 720p or 1080p unless you have a large TV.

What is the biggest more noticeable difference to my eyes is going from 25fps to 50fps when watching Sports.

I do agree, that NOW should offer 1080p has standard (including 50fps for Sports).

I don't know if you are a mobile phone user who streams stuff on their mobile, but the NOW Day Sports Pass when purchased through the NOW offers website currently includes 6 months free Mobile Sports Membership where you can watch five out of the eleven live Sky Sports channels on your mobile phone screen.

The Mobile Sports offer included with the Day Sports Pass doesn't really interest me, where I am more old school and like watching Sports on a TV, but some people who are heavy mobile phone users may see the appeal in the free Mobile Sports Membership currently bundled with the Day Sports Pass.