cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isitafox
Mentor

Broadband down for days now....

So after getting home from a day out on Wednesday afternoon our broadband was really slow until around 7pm when it completely died. I checked online to see there was a known fault reported at 05:35 that morning with a reference number and two days later there has been no update, is anyone else struggling with this? (I'm in the North West near Buxton if that helps).

Tried contacting Now to find out what's going on but just keep getting told that Openreach will be working on it, not really helping my situation though! 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@isitafox 

NOW fully rely on OpenReach as they do not own any of their own network. So whatever OpenReach give to NOW is what can be passed on. 

All I can suggest is keep calling in hope for a new update.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
JakeB
Advocate

Im having the same problem just spoke with someone and said it would be back up between 48-72 hours after it was logged as an issue which apparently was 16th at 5am ish. First issue ive had with the. But its a joke when you pay for a service and cant access it. 

RoyB
Legend

@JakeB 

My internet will automatically fail over to cellular if the ‘landline’ goes down. But you don’t get this at Now prices.

You might want to look at using your phone as a mobile hotspot until the landline comes back up, if you have a suitable data package. And it will probably have a better range than your Now router 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.