cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jem1410
Mentor

Help please connect card

An engineer came to set up and left a little connect card with password and login I think - however its gone missing and I cant login?

How can I find out the login details for my broadband. There seems to be limited capability to communicate with anyone at NOW.

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jem1410 

Have you looked underneath the bottom of the NOW Router, where it should have a label with the Network name and wifi password.

There should also be a sticker inside the Router box packing with the wifi password on it.

Jem1410
Mentor

Ah yes! There's a sticker on the router, thank you so much. There is nothing on the box - but I just wondered why he gave me a card - would that be the same as what is on the router?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jem1410 

Yes they should be the same, where I doubt the Engineer would have changed it.

See if the wifi password works from the sticker label underneath the NOW Router.

Just enter the details you see for the wifi password, but be careful for 1 and I and zero and O etc when typing in the wifi password on your devices.

Jem1410
Mentor

Thanks Schnapps  😊

Also, there is no remote control? How do I watch TV stations without a remote? Is it normal with NOW. With Virgin I have a remote..

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jem1410 

The NOW Router is purley for internet access and not a TV streaming box.

To watch NOW you need a supported device from the list below which you must provide yourself and a suitable NOW streaming Membership.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

To watch terrestrial TV then you don't need a NOW TV Membership, but need a TV device that offers terrestrial TV stations.

Jem1410
Mentor

So far terrestrial tv I just go back to using the tv remote?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Jem1410 

For watching terrestrial TV on your TV for example, then use the TV remote and I am assuming you have a TV aerial that you can plug into the back of the television.