cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beanymash
Mentor

DNS Servers down, no internet connections

For anyone having trouble connecting, you’ll need to change your DNS server manually.  If you don’t know how to do this check Google for your specific device I.e apple ipad or android phone etc “ change manual dns settings”

I’ve set mine to use google for now and it works on my iPad fine.  DNS Server address is 4.4.2.2 and/or 8.8.8.8

Hope this helps until the now tv/sky dns servers are fixed

10 REPLIES 10
Substitu
Mentor

We shouldn't need to do that, we pay for a service that's supposed to work without having to manoeuvre stuff.

Lw1961
Advocate

I agree. As someone who is completely not tech savvy in the slightest, I'm totally lost what to do. I suppose we all have to just wait for it to come back on? 

Posted from the Leeds area.

Rayray
Mentor

Correct way. But according to Google, DNS IP is 8.8.8.8 and / or 8.8.4.4

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns

Still work as 8.8.8.8 is correct

Beanymash
Mentor

Totally agree, I was just posting this for anyone who is a little tech savvy as this should fix the issue temporarily.  Why they don’t have 24/7 support is beyond me! 

Ivisor
Regular Poster

Thank you. Its helped me

RD9394
Mentor

yes - their DNS has some issues and I also use the public DNS at the moment.

Darin
Advocate

Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 certainly worked for me.  I don't know if this is one of the DHCP assigned addresses?

Ivisor
Regular Poster

How did you understand that the problem is in DNS?

Beanymash
Mentor

I checked the security log files on the router and it showed errors trying to resolve host ntp1.isp.sky.com 

The router needs to see that server to set the correct time, because it couldn’t resolve the name I figured it was DNS although there are other ways to check DNS.

Everything seems to be working now so I hope we are all back up and running