cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
THDevon
Advocate

Broadband connection disruptions

I have been reading other complaints recently of continual broadband disruptions. I have the same problem that the broadband signal drops out and then reconnects. I can actually see it happen on my phone as the WiFi signal goes replaced by 4G and then moments later it reconnects.

This happens working from home using Teams for meetings, the signal goes, I lose the connection and have to dial back in which is very disruptive and makes it impossible to work properly.

I have tested the line several times yesterday and today, it says its all good and gives me feedback that its 60mbps, yet the problem exists. 

I'm in North Devon and Outreach have been digging up roads all over the place so I am suspicious of this even though I've read another persons complaint in which Now claim this is not an issue.

It does seem a common issue reading last posts, I am in process of trying to contact Now, but until they acknowledge it looks like not much will change, so maybe time to look for another provider.

2 REPLIES 2
THDevon
Advocate

Ive just been round the merry dance with a remote help advisor at Now unplugging it and resetting with line tests that all show perfectly fine!

Have split the 2.4 GHZ wireless setting to another channel, have to monitor for 24 hours and if that doesnt work select another channel! all seems a bit hit & miss.

Lets see.

RoyB
Legend

@THDevon 

Now is domestic broadband. For WFH, that’s like using a Mini when you need a Transit 😢

Whatever you are running Teams on, is it, or can you put it, on Ethernet rather than WiFi?

As the first thing you need to work out here when the connection drops, is that the famously poor WiFi of the Now router (green light on the router will stay on) or an actual break in the service upstream of the router? (green light will blink off)

If the former, perhaps getting a better router - the Sky SR203 is compatible, and readily available on eBay - will help?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.