cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband and call package - not clear if live or not

I had an activation date of 23 March for broadband and calls. At about 9.30am on that date our internet disappeared, so we connected up the NowTV box, found it on our devices and connected everything back up. 

However, on my online account it says the broadband and phone are not yet active. There is no chat available and after phoning up and going through various menus I just got cut off. 

The broadband must be live given we are connected to it and it is working! I don't know how to tell if the phone service is live.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can go to https://www.whoismyisp.org/ and it will tell you who your ISP is. It should say "Sky Broadband" when using now TV. But yeah if your net is working while using the NowTV Router you are on NowTV. The website just takes a couple of days to catch up after OpenReach to the actual change over of the line from one provider to another.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity are you switching from Sky to NowTV ?

Where the NowTV Hub Router will operate on a Sky Broadband service.

If you are with another Broadband provider and both your telephone and internet is working (three green lights constantly on the front on the NowTV Router) then i wouldn't worry to much and it looks to me that the information on the My Account > Orders & Appointments page is slow to update to show the green live activation switch on/ over to NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. No we moved from Plusnet.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Then i would say you are live and active on the NowTV Broadband service and your Account is a little slow to update.

To test your telephone line you should have a dail tone or maybe phone your telephone number on a mobile or if you are on Anytime calls phone a friend or your mobile.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can go to https://www.whoismyisp.org/ and it will tell you who your ISP is. It should say "Sky Broadband" when using now TV. But yeah if your net is working while using the NowTV Router you are on NowTV. The website just takes a couple of days to catch up after OpenReach to the actual change over of the line from one provider to another.