cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkyNick
Advocate

Watching NOW TV on my panasonic TX-l47E5B

Hi

Currently watching NOW TV on my Laptop and sending the picture over to the TV via long HDMI cable (which works fine, but ties up the laptop). My TV is hardwired into our internet router and works for the BT Box fine. I have tried to get NOW TV through the TV link and also through my Amazon Firestick, but it keeps saying that I need a Lan Adapter ...is this correct ? ...is there another way ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MarkyNick 

Also when you say BT box is that a BT Youview box or the BT Router? 

If it's a BT Youview box and it's on the same television, then why are you trying to use the Amazon Fire Stick NOW App on the same television and use NOW on the BT Youview box ? 

Or are you a BT TV customer and use the BT TV Youview box for your BT TV NOW bolt on package. but also subscribe to NOW directly with a second seperate account for some of their cheaper deal offers and need another device to run on the Panasonic TV when watching NOW apart from the Youview box.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MarkyNick 

If the Fire Stick is not a 1st generation Stick, then it should work over wifi with the NOW App from the Amazon Apps Store.

The majority of Panasonic Smart TV's run on Panasonic Fire Fox OS and there is no native support for the NOW App.

Only some of the new recently introduced Panasonic Smart TV's (lower end models) that run either Android or Fire TV will have the NOW App available on it.

Perhaps try a search on the NOW Community with Fire Stick "Lan Adpater" in the search box for any hit results.

My Fire Stick works perfectly fine with the NOW App over wifi.

Also if you have another television in the home, temporary try that with the Fire Stick to see if you get past the Lan Adapter message.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MarkyNick 

Also when you say BT box is that a BT Youview box or the BT Router? 

If it's a BT Youview box and it's on the same television, then why are you trying to use the Amazon Fire Stick NOW App on the same television and use NOW on the BT Youview box ? 

Or are you a BT TV customer and use the BT TV Youview box for your BT TV NOW bolt on package. but also subscribe to NOW directly with a second seperate account for some of their cheaper deal offers and need another device to run on the Panasonic TV when watching NOW apart from the Youview box.

MarkyNick
Advocate

You're a star ....I didn't realise I had that App via my BT Youview Box .....it took a while to figure it out , but I got there in the end ....briliant😀 Many thanks.

RoyB
Legend

@MarkyNick @schnapps 

The only snag with the YouView box Now app is that it doesn’t offer subtitles. If you don’t need these, you will be fine with it.

Otherwise:-

Your 2012 TV won’t support the Now app, but it should be fine to get it from any Firestick other than, as @schnapps says, a first generation one.

But no matter what Firestick it is, you shouldn’t need a Lan Adapter for it. This is something the TV might request, though, if it thinks you are trying to access the internet via the TV. So I wonder if you are accessing the Firestick correctly; like the YouView box, it needs to be plugged into one of the HDMI ports on the TV, and have its mains adapter connected. And you just select that HDMI input on the TV, instead of the YouView HDMI input, and you should be able to see the Firestick display.

You might have to download Now to it; but once set up, if it supports Now, you will be able to have subtitles on that version, if you want them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.