cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,752 Replies
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe nadine can comment or look into this, the only real logical explanation I can think of that the uk nowtv app has not been updated is down to numbers. Clearly more people have either nowtv sticks or smart boxes. So the fact that the Apple box is a superior box in terms of hardware they deem it not worth it. But then again if that was the case why release it in Italy and Ireland, I just don’t get that part. Nadine commented yesterday saying it wasn’t on the radar but surely if that was the case why have they released and updated it in Ireland and Italy. It clearly was on the radar to release it there and not here, her argument doesn’t stand up there, of course nadine is just going off what she’s been told at nowtv. It is totally not right for us customers who pay a monthly fee to not have an upto date app and the right features on board. 

MrZippy
Expert 2

Nadine is probably in an Indian call centre with a script, all polite but no use if you have a real issue. 

Let’s face it they’ve paid the developer, or their own internal team, to make the app universal. So why wouldn’t you reap the customer service benefit of rolling out and the potential of repeat/new custom?

Apple charges per developer account and commission on paid apps, therefore releasing to the U.K. is no additional cost. 

nst
Expert 3

Ive tweeted them again asking for an update.

Also, I think its more sensible to ask them a very focused question - i.e.  Why has the AppleTV app been updated on only the Irish and Italian App Stores... and not the UK one?

MrZippy
Expert 2

Needs to be carefully worded as the app has been update on the U.K. App Store, it’s the same version as Ireland. 

But the U.K. version hasn’t been released as a universal app, therefore doesn’t support tvOS. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I agree feel free to contact twitter again and see what they say. 

MrZippy
Expert 2

Just tweeted this: 

@NOWTV is there any reason why the UK tvOS app (Apple TV) hasn’t been updated? The NowTV Ireland app is the same version as the UK iOS one but is universal (iOS/tvOS) so the tvOS version up to date, unlike the basic, poor and buggy UK one. Please fix this!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Should try sending it to nowtv help twitter too I tried the nowtv one the other day and they didn’t respond, was only when I sent it to nowtv help they responded, also send it by dm.

MrZippy
Expert 2

Good idea, just done both suggestions. 

nst
Expert 3

Well you got a quick reply:

Thanks for your feedback.  We are currently working on launching this version of the app in the UK soon.  However we have no solid date as of yet.  Sorry for the frustration.

So... thats a bit different from the woman that said it "wasnt on their radar".

I assume this response is nearer the truth... through Id be interested to know why an app that is successfully running in 2 other countries cant work in the UK with no changes.

On the positive side... "soon" on the negative side "no solid date as yet".

Maybe you should respond and tell there there are a lot of us waiting for this so perhaps they would be kind enough to keep us informed on twitter as to the progress.

MrZippy
Expert 2

Did I, I can’t see anything - even did a search. 

MrZippy
Expert 2

I’ve also put a suitable review on the iOS App Store. See attached. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well done zippy couldn’t have said it better myself.

nst
Expert 3

This is a good idea but those appleTV app reviews are somewhat hard to find at the best of times.

I think that the more we pester them the less they can keep sweeping it under the carpet.  I tweeted NowTV help again asking for an update but this time they have ignored my question.  I shall keep tweeting them every few days until someone is compelled to get a better answer than "soon".  The danger is that "soon" isn't actually soon at all.  My definition of soon is within a few days or a couple of weeks at most.

The main mystery remains... which is why the existing universal app is not in the UK store.

This is why apple created the concept of universal apps to make life easier for the developers and they dont have multiple versions of their app to administer.  In theory the iOS iPADOS and TVOS version is one and the same and going forward any functionality changes will be automatically reflected across all 3 platforms instead of leaving one to fester like they have done up till now.  Making it a universal app should solve all our issues going forward.  I was concerned that when we finally get the update then the AppleTV would be left to gather dust again for another 4 years but the universal app will hopefully mean this can never happen as they will always be paying attention to the iPhone and iPad platforms without a doubt.

So, why its not some kind of priority to get the universal app out there for the UK is a mystery as its beneficial to all involved not just the paying customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have we got a link to the review more people post on there the better. Just found it and posted on there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Guys

What you need to do is to slam the Now TV app all over social media like Twitter.

I'm sure if enough people #nowtvappletvapp and mention how poor the service is and it will put apple TV customers off from subscribing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually #nowtv then mention the apple TV app would it be better 

MrZippy
Expert 2

Have you all seen the current stats for this thread?

459 REPLIES 17468 VIEWS

I think that sums up that this should be important to NowTV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just goes to show that they really don’t care and have no interest in giving loyal customers support.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jeremy darroch ceo of sky. That's his email. Pretty certain one of his assistants will respond. But who knows. 

jeremy.darroch@Anonymous User.com

nst
Expert 3

Twitter is becoming more interesting.

I replied to an unconnected tweet which by coincidence was asking NowTV where the watchlist function was... NowTV responded to her that it should be there.

Of course it transpires she cannot see it because... thats right... she has a 4 year old app on AppleTV!!

So... another nudge to NowTV help again they responded saying "thanks for the feedback we will work on it"

So, I think the more this is asked, the better.  They need to know the demand is there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I decided to jump ship from AppleTV for NowTV and bought a NowTV stick for £20. I was blown away by how completely different the apps were. I honestly think the AppleTV app will never get updated as I think it would have by now especially since iPhone app is updated regularly. Its a pain having two devices but there's no other way.