cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible NOW TV picture quality

I'm really unimpressed with the picture quality on HD service via Apple TV box.  Its more obvious when a black picture is displayed, the image is pixelated with large grey blocks.  I know its nothing to do with my connection, its the over-compression of images to save bandwidth.  This needs fixing as its adding yet another reason to end subscription.

21 REPLIES 21
nst
Elite

@Ash104 This only occurs when watching 'live' channels.  It doesnt on catchup content.

Ive noticed its shockingly poor for dark lit live content with horrendous pixelation....

But the answer is to not watch live channels.

RoyB
Legend

@Ash104 

Just to gently explain that:-

1. ‘Anonymous User’ means the poster is no longer on the Community.

2. To gain the attention of someone who is currently on the Community, @ them, as above, as I have done to ensure you are notified of this.

3. 27 months have passed since Anonymous User posted, and the intervening posts suggest some progress with this issue. Have you tried the things they describe?

It’s also useful to know what you are watching, on what TV, with what broadband speed from what service provider, that gives the issue.

Always assuming you would like some help, rather than just having a moan 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.