cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently added movies will not play

Hi

tried to watch several new movies (jo jo, lighthouse, invisible man, bloodshot) on my LG oled as well as via the Xbox series x app. They will not play. The circle appears and nothing happens. If I press pause the play bar appears and there is no movie length shown. 

clearly it’s not the tv or the Xbox so what is the problem 

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you try a reboot on both your Router & TV ?

Also have you tried a different wifi channel on your Router if using wifi ?

Use this link page below to reach Live Chat.

If the green chat button doesn't work try a different internet browser when clicking on it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does any of the old movies that you watched this week still play on your LG TV and Xbox ?

If the old movies you already watched are now showing the same issues then i reckon there is a conflict or something blocking the NowTV streams on your Router.

Out of curiosity who is your ISP and are you using a VPN ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was only films under continue watching that worked 

I’m with BT and not on a VPN at all

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't know if this is relevant, but because you mentioned BT, see if under Parental Controls on your BT Hub that file sharing is enabled.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/️-RESOLVED-quot-Sorry-NOW-TV-is-currently-unavailable-quot-on/m-p/546928#M6487 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also if you are signed in on the NowTV website with your internet browser, go to the movies section and try adding the films you want to watch by clicking on the My TV button, 

Then see if the movies get picked up on your LG TV and Xbox NowTV App under Watchlist and see if they then play from there.

Logging off now to watch the Wales v Ireland Rugby match.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

recently added movies not playing, but if i start them on my pc i can continue watching them on my samsung series7 tv have been onto samsung support and they have updated all software etc but problem still persists this only started 4 days ago

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Over on Twitter NowTV have acknowledged problems with certain LG & Samsung Smart TV's plus Games Consoles with certain NowTV content showing the continue spinning coloured circles on screen.

Here's some examples from the screen shots taken from over on Twitter.

youdoodle-2020-11-15T19-14-15Z.jpg

youdoodle-2020-11-14T19-14-46Z.jpg

youdoodle-2020-11-14T15-30-18Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi i have this problem where i have to start a recently added movie on my pc before i watch it on my samsung series 7 tv. Samsung remote support have updated all setting and reinstalled now app but problem persists.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem seems to be sorted, thanks to post from schnapps informing me that now tv were having a problem with some lg and samsung televisions which they were working on. When I tried to play recently added movies a few days later all seems well, fingers crossed it stays that way.