cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently added movies will not play

Hi

tried to watch several new movies (jo jo, lighthouse, invisible man, bloodshot) on my LG oled as well as via the Xbox series x app. They will not play. The circle appears and nothing happens. If I press pause the play bar appears and there is no movie length shown. 

clearly it’s not the tv or the Xbox so what is the problem 

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you try a reboot on both your Router & TV ?

Also have you tried a different wifi channel on your Router if using wifi ?

Use this link page below to reach Live Chat.

If the green chat button doesn't work try a different internet browser when clicking on it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does any movies play with your NowTV Cinema Pass ?

A bit of a long shot i would switch the power off at the mains for about a minute on your Router and TV.

Switch on the Router first give it 5 minutes and then switch back on your TV.

Just in case there is a conflict or something blocking on your Router can you test these movies on a tablet, smartphone or PC.

If the mobile device doesn't play the movies also, then there might be something blocking the NowTV service on your Router.

Maybe try leaving the power off on the Router for about 30 minutes to see if a new IP address resolves it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

thanks  Older films work (bill and ted and the rock) and I played the new film ok on my iPad. 

ive reset my tv and that made no difference at all. All other streaming is working fine

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own either an LG Smart TV or an Xbox, so unless other forum members have got any ideas then maybe try NowTV live chat.

Out of curiosity are you using an Ethernet cable on both your LG TV and Xbox or using WiFi ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I use Wi-fi. 

it’s worked perfectly until today. Just seems odd to be honest. 

I cannot find live chat. Only one of those awful response bots

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you try a reboot on both your Router & TV ?

Also have you tried a different wifi channel on your Router if using wifi ?

Use this link page below to reach Live Chat.

If the green chat button doesn't work try a different internet browser when clicking on it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep. Tried it all

looks like I’ll just cancel. If I can’t watch new movies then it’s not worth the money

thank you anyway

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I watched two of the three new movies that you mentioned this week with no problems on my NowTV box using Ethernet.

See if somebody else on the forum has an ideas what to try to fix it.

I am guessing you have tried a movie that you watched previously today to see if it is still working ?

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User if you start a film on your iPad, will it play from the continue watching section on your LG TV?

I have an LG TV and all films play fine.

IMG_20201113_183537.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks

Tried that and it is not appearing on the continue watching on the tv I’m afraid but it’s on the iPad listing

when I try playing on my iPad I’m told the content is not available. But the sound works. Onto their help. They’re no help at all!