cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV on BT TV Set-Top Box

Hi,

I currently have a 12 month Entertainment & Cinema pass purchased last November on the Black Friday promotion. Given the recent changes that have taken place between NowTV and BT, I was curious to know that if I purchased a BT TV Set-Top Box from a High Street retailer, would I be able to use my current passes on that device? 

Grateful if somebody could give me some feedback.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello, @Anonymous User Yes, just use your existing NowTV account on the Youview box, and the box will be added to your devices.

Be advised that the NowTV app on Youview boxes doesn’t allow live streams to be paused unless you’re a BT TV customer, which you probably are not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your quick response and confirmation.

I don't use pause/timeshift for live streams that often anyway, so it wouldn't overly bother me.

tbh, I'm only looking at this as an option, as I really don't like the Now/Next Guide with NowTV for live TV. It's just not how I like to view my TV Guide. I personally like to browse what's on TV for the whole day and for that matter the next 7 days sometimes. I can't honestly think that anybody would find a Now/Next TV guide particularly useful IMO. I did see a number of posts on the subject, but nothing to suggest that anything was likely to change someday soon. Hence the reason for looking at purchasing additional hardware that can do the job. Can't say I would be too interested in using a separate web browser either just to check the daily TV listings, which is what has been suggested to previous users with the same gripe. I used to think this was maybe a limitation of the ROKU operating system, but then I saw the new TV Player app last year on the same platform with it's beautiful 7 day guide, so it's certainly possible. Bit of a shame really, because I really quite like other aspects of the NowTV platform and UI. Well, maybe one day it will happen, but at least I have an alternative option available now.

Again, many thanks for the confirmation.

Cheers