Hi do you know if it’s possible to use now using a Hisense tv? It runs on vidaa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Em68289 

Good news!

We now support the following Hisense TVs

• Selected 2022 and later Hisense TV models with the VIDAA 6.0 or later operating system. (If your model is supported, you’ll find the NOW app in the VIDAA Home Launcher.)
  • All Roku TV models

Happy watching!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Zoki
Mentor

@r-a-c-h Nope. I initially spoke to someone on NowTV live chat - who asked me to log in, then out again - I explained I couldn't as it was a blank screen. Then they said to uninstall the app, and reinstall it - we couldn't find how to do this - NowTV said to go to Google Play on the TV - which we don't have..... So then we rang Hisense today who said to do a factory reset - we did that, and it's still a blank screen.

This is a replacement TV for us - due to previously having a different brand. Have had NowTV for years, but can't understand this issue at all.  

Zoki
Mentor

@r-a-c-h Just tried the app again.......to my surprise, it's started working again. We'll see for how long though.....

TimGunner
Observer

@Simon-J Hi I've just installed my Hisense 32a5kqtuk and Now Tv is not working it just goes blank, the app is there and features displayed but spins briefly then goes black.

I've double checked my spec 2023 model VIDAA U6.0 so it should work any advice please?

chilli2
Elite 2

If apps work on a smart TV then great, however if they dont, and/or the user interface on the smart TV is poor  then a Roku or a Firestick is the way forward .

I own both, but my personal preference is the roku as its less cluttered and is easier to get to the content quicker, take a look at both and see what you preffer .

One key thing i would advise is to avoid the entry level model streaming devices and go for the next one up, and make sure you get the current  UK ones form an official source/retailer  .

Dont get rid of a perfectly good TV screen as it no longer gets the apps you want or it lags etc, get a streaming device instead and save money, and the environment as well.