cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edmondos
Advocate

Vidaa Tv hisense

Hi

Are there any plans to make Now Tv app available on Vidaa. The majority of new hisense tv's are now being shipped with this OS?

5 REPLIES 5
Stu2surf
Advocate

Same question from me too. 

RoyB
Legend

@Stu2surf 

If Vida was a variant of Android, as the label above implies, then Now should be downloadable from the App Store.

Failing that, punt £30 on a Roku Express HD, or £38 on the 4K one*, and get pretty much all the apps you could wish for.

Saves waiting and hoping Now will deign to put their App on the TV itself.

A Firestick would work also, but the UI is pants.

* Now won’t take advantage of 4K - HD will suffice - but other apps will.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you are running Vidaa version 6, then there is a NOW native App available of this version of the Hisense Vidaa smart TV platform.

The NOW App popped up in the Vidaa Apps Store yesterday for me.

The NOW App is running fine for me on my Hisense OLED TV with Vidaa OS 6.

Only major downside for me is that live Sky Sports with Boost is only 25fps and not 50fps 😡.

Unfortunately my other Hisense TV running Vidaa 4 doesn't have the NOW App.

According to NOW they will only be supporting Hisense Vidaa smart TV's version 6 or higher.

Kimbrich6
Mentor

@schnapps the app has problems. It doesn’t load. Just crashes. lots of people with the problem on Reddit 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Kimbrich6 

For me the NOW App on my Hisense Vidaa version 6 Smart TV has been running fine since it was launched on the 15th of December.

The only annoyance is that 50fps with live Sky Sports with my Boost Membership is a little bit, hit or miss (sometime the Sky Sports channels fires up at 50 fps, then other times is seems capped at 25fps).

At the start of January this month I noticed the NOW App was showing in the Apps Store on my second older 2020 Hisense Vidaa Smart TV running version 4, but the App wouldn't load up).

According to the NOW official help article only Vidaa 6 or higher will natively run the NOW App.

Since today NOW or Hisense have removed the NOW App from my older Hisense Vidaa 4 (assuming by design because Vidaa 4 / 5 is not officially supported by NOW).