cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV App on Android TV / Google TV

Now an app exists for Sony TV's running Android TV 7 or greater can we expect this to expand to other Android TV devices like the new Google TV or Nvidia Shield?

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes please. A Now TV app for new Google TV would be very welcome. How soon before it's released?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Things move along very slowly in the world of Now TV. Considering they have only just released the app for Sony Andriod TVs there are plenty other Andriod TVs they need to launch on. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hope sum1 can help.. I downloaded the nowtv app onto my Sony Bravia last night & really happy with what's on it.. I've took the 7day trial with Entertainment.. Sky movies & boost but now when I want to watch anything live its asking me for parental pin which I have just put onto the TV settings but it keeps saying THAT'S NOT THE RIGHT PIN when I try to watch movies/entertainment live!

Plz excuse me I am new to this but surely sum1 else has this problem? 

Can any1 help me??? 

I would be extremely grateful for any help? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot, i wonder if the Sony Parental Pin (if they have one) is similar to the Youview boxes which overrides the NowTV App until you setup the Parental Pin on the TV settings.

Have you tried the default Youview box Pin settings which is 1,2,3,4 ?

Hopefully a Sony Android TV user will offer some further assistance & help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.. Thanks for the reply.. I have tried 1234...9999 & also the new pin I just put into the youview settings as it tells you on the help section.. So I can watch the movies & boxsets as long as its NOT LIVE!

IT'S A REAL HEAD SCRAMBLER... FOR ME IT IS I MEAN LOL.. I JUST HOPE SUM1 CAN HELP AS I AM STILL ON THE 7DAY TRIAL BUT NOT MUCH POINT IN PAYING 25 A MONTH JUST FOR ON DEMAND.. I WANT IT ALL TO WORK OBVIOUSLY!! 

AGGHH HELP!!! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own a Sony Smart TV or used the NowTV App for Android TV.

Maybe see if there is anything in this linked NowTV article below that helps.

Other than that see if a Sony Smart TV owner who uses the App on the forum can help or jump over to NowTV live chat for further assistance.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-parental-pin 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, again my friend thanx for replying it's much appreciated!

I have tried 1234...9999...& I have went into settings on my TV & made a new pin for youview even though I live myself because I read it saying its mandatory for live TV but this parental pin is still not working when I try to put it on Nowtv (live)...I just don't get it at all!

Being honest I'm not the best with all this tech stuff as it seems to have changed from 5-10years ago when I used to think I knew what I was doing but now not so much, I don't have anyone I can ask at home & I don't know anything about Nowtv yet.. Can I ask you what is Nowtv live chat & how do I go about using it?

Again I'd be really grateful for ANY FEEDBACK U THINK WOULD HELP.. ALSO COULD IT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT I AM CURRENTLY ON THE 7DAY TRIAL OF MOVIES/ENTERTAINMENT AND BOOST? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't know if this information in the link below is relevant or not, because i don't own a Sony Android Smart TV.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00135452 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00129101 

The 7 day free trial should have no bearing on the NowTV Parental Pin because it is enforced on all customers.

NowTV live chat is a web chat service where you communicate with a NowTV chat adviser in real time by typing on your internet browser using the green chat button (use this link page below to find the green chat button).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply again my friend its much appreciated.. The green link
ur talking about I don't suppose u could send it again as I am colour blind
on red..green..& brown lol...& I think I may have deleted that msg by
mistake as I have so many I am getting confused with all this carry on.. I
mean I have done to the best of my knowledge what it tells you to do in the
help sections & now the youview TV is asking for a pin now when I want to
watch anything but still nowtv is not accepting this same pin!!
Doesnt make much sense to me & I really NEED TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM B4 I'M
EXPECTED TO PAY £25 EACH MONTH FOR CHANNELS I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE & USE BUT
IT KIND OF DEFEATS THE PURPOSE IF EVERYTHING IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY, DO
YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN?
AGAIN ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED MY FRIEND!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Using my previous link you need to click on the "Chat Online Button" which i have indicated on this screen shot taken below to give you an idea where to find it from my previous link posted.

Should live chat not open, then try another internet browser when clicking on the button.

If still no joy, then use the web form link on the same page to send NowTV a message instead.

Hopefully a Sony Android TV smart owner will read your posts and come to your rescue on why you can't setup a NowTV Parental Pin when watching live movies or certain NowTV live Entertainment channels before the watershed.

youdoodle-2020-10-03T19-52-27Z.jpg