cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Removing a device shouldn’t be so infuriating

I have a BT 4K box that is signed in to my account. 

I don’t currently have any passes at the moment, but my wife does.

I open the app, log out, sign into my wife’s account. 

Job done? No! Each time I exit the app, it logs me back in to the original account, meaning I have to go through the rigmarole of scrolling alll the way to the bottom of the app, signing out, singing in. Every time. 

So to tackle this bizarre issue, I start digging to try and remove the device. Can’t do it manually! You need to reset your password, and then when ‘manage permissions’ page comes up etc etc etc. However, after 2 password changes I’ve come to the conclusion that this supposed permissions page, doesn’t actually appear at all. It would be easier for a chimp to code an entire new website than it would be for your average punter to remove a device. 

Now TV is by far and wide the least user friendly streaming platform I’ve ever encountered, and bizarrely the most expensive…AND with adverts. 

Sorry, I’m mad. 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s not ideal but you can remove the devices without having to change your password.

What you need to do is go onto live chat and request ALL devices to be removed.

For live chat, make sure you click “chat online” within the green box and not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What do you mean, exactly, by ‘exit the app’?

As a test, try just exiting the Now app on your YouView box to the Apps menu, and then re-entering it, without doing anything else.

If that doesn’t revert the account to yours, find out how far you have to go to revert it - just use another app, watch live TV, put the YouView box back into standby, and out again?

If you have any other devices you can watch Now on, does this happen with these, or is it just the YouView box?

Leaving your wife’s account out of this as a possible complication, what happens if you log out of your Now account on the YouView box? And repeating the steps above, do you ever find yourself back in the Now account without having to explicitly log on again?

Is your NOW account one that is set up with BT TV? If it is, best talk to them about this - it may be some BT TV thing that they have done, whereas a direct account with Now wouldn’t do this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You’re bang on the money about it being connected to my BT account. That’s what the problem was. I did find it bizarre that even a factory reset of the box didn’t work - so it has to be that. Even though there’s no active subscription it seems that my BT and NOW accounts are un-linkable by me.

Thanks 🙏