cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fc12
Advocate

No Subtitles on EE TV app

Hello i have the NOW package through EE TV. 

Is there any update to when subtitles will be available when watching a film or show in the NOW app? It is very frustrating that we do not have this option as we have to crank up TV volume up to silly levels just to hear what is being said. 

I asked EE and they said its for NOW to add the subtitles feature to the app on their platform. 

its 2024….

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Fc12 

Thanks for your post.

I'm happy to share the update that subtitles are now supported on your device.

Thanks

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Fc12 

I hope posting this twice was a mistake 😛

It’s one of life’s enduring mysteries why the Now app on YouView boxes does not have subtitles.

Now are good at subtitles, YouView are good at subtitles, Now and EE (was BT) are locked in a tight embrace where EE rely on Now for their Cinema and Entertainment offerings, and also offer Sport, and you really would think the two of them would have every incentive to get their act together here.

But no, it seems. Inexplicable. I can’t see any commercial purpose this could serve, either; in fact, quite the opposite.

But don’t sweat it. Watch Now with subtitles, on your TV most likely, using your EE account login so you don’t have to pay again. And if you have a Stone Age TV that doesn’t have the Now app, £30 will get you a Roku Express HD or an Amazon FireStick you can just plug into the TV and get Now with subtitles that way.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Fc12 

Thanks for your post.

I'm happy to share the update that subtitles are now supported on your device.

Thanks

Simon