cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No On Demand available in my Samsung smart TV app, only Live

I have a Samsung smart tv and have installed the Now TV app - all fine. I have a Sports Pass and can watch live shows from the TV guide. But I can’t find ‘on demand’ sports shows anywhere. I can watch them through my iPhone app but not on my tv. Surely that can’t be right?! Are smart tv apps more limited in what they offer? It’s not really tv if I can’t watch it on a tv!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On demand sports is only currently available on PC, Mac, Smartphones and Tablets at the moment.

I believe the NowTV boxes and NowTV Stick is the next platform to get NowTV Sport on demand road map feature (no idea about Samsung Smart TV's with the inbuilt NowTV App when they will be getting sports on demand).

What i tend to do is start watching sports on Demand on my tablet, then jump over to Continue Watching section on the NowTV App on my television.

Or use the search feature on the NowTV App on the television by using your tablet for the name of the sports on demand title to type in.

These two above methods is what i currently do on my NowTV box (assuming it's similar on the Samsung Smart TV's).

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User 

Hi Schnapps

I must admit, I knew Now TV was very restrictive on how it's app was used but I did not know it would prevent it's app being cast to a TV that can readily run another version of it's app already.

JB

Since chromecast devices are likely to be very cheap, come Black Friday, adding one to your TV may not be a bad idea.  You see, I have a chromecast device attached to my Smart TV, taken from my now discarded 32" Samsung, and it works very well. Although, from time to time, I use the TV's inbuilt chromecast facility, I do prefer using the Google chromecast device instead.  Still, that's my POV.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @ukbobboy and @schnapps 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Saint1976 Thanks, again so quick and perfect workaround!