cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No On Demand available in my Samsung smart TV app, only Live

I have a Samsung smart tv and have installed the Now TV app - all fine. I have a Sports Pass and can watch live shows from the TV guide. But I can’t find ‘on demand’ sports shows anywhere. I can watch them through my iPhone app but not on my tv. Surely that can’t be right?! Are smart tv apps more limited in what they offer? It’s not really tv if I can’t watch it on a tv!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On demand sports is only currently available on PC, Mac, Smartphones and Tablets at the moment.

I believe the NowTV boxes and NowTV Stick is the next platform to get NowTV Sport on demand road map feature (no idea about Samsung Smart TV's with the inbuilt NowTV App when they will be getting sports on demand).

What i tend to do is start watching sports on Demand on my tablet, then jump over to Continue Watching section on the NowTV App on my television.

Or use the search feature on the NowTV App on the television by using your tablet for the name of the sports on demand title to type in.

These two above methods is what i currently do on my NowTV box (assuming it's similar on the Samsung Smart TV's).

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On demand sports is only currently available on PC, Mac, Smartphones and Tablets at the moment.

I believe the NowTV boxes and NowTV Stick is the next platform to get NowTV Sport on demand road map feature (no idea about Samsung Smart TV's with the inbuilt NowTV App when they will be getting sports on demand).

What i tend to do is start watching sports on Demand on my tablet, then jump over to Continue Watching section on the NowTV App on my television.

Or use the search feature on the NowTV App on the television by using your tablet for the name of the sports on demand title to type in.

These two above methods is what i currently do on my NowTV box (assuming it's similar on the Samsung Smart TV's).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Thanks so much for your quick reply. The workaround is perfect. Sorted!

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User some devices don't yet have the on demand sports section but you can still watch the content on your TV.

Simply find the content you want to watch on your mobile device and add it to 'my TV'. Then go to your TV app and you'll find the content in 'my TV'.

Alternatively, start the content on your mobile, exit the mobile app and then go to your TV and restart it from 'continue watching'.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps  @Saint1976 

Hey JB

I too own a Samsung Smart TV and, even though I don't watch "On Demand TV", I hope my idea works.

The TV has the ability to receive casts, i.e. I have actually cast from my laptop, tablet and smartphone to my TV, so it should be possible to cast virtually anything from your iPhone to your TV, you just have to find out how to do it.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy Thanks for suggestion. The workaround of using the search or continue watching ideas above have me sorted. Maybe I’ll challenge myself to cast something anyway! Cheers. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey JB

Just an extra thought, if you call the Samsung help line they should be able to talk you through how to cast to your TV.  They recently helped me with a minor problem and I found them to be very A-OK.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

Thanks UKB, good to know 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @ukbobboy 

You won't be able to cast anything on the NowTV App from your mobile device to your Samsung Smart unless you have Chromecast, Chromecast TV, Nvidia Shield or your TV is an Android TV with inbuilt Google cast that Sony, Philips and a couple of other TV manufacturers that use the Android OS platform.

Screen mirroring or casting might work with other Apps to your Samsung Smart TV, but i doubt it will work with NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that @schnapps