cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My stream quality is saying 0 on ps4

The picture is bad saying stream quality is 0, I don't think it's an Internet problem as before I was getting 3800 stream quality or something, I've tried closing the application, checking for updates and even deleted and redownloaded the app but it doesn't fix it, there doesn't seem to be anyone else with this problem so I can't really do anything, please help
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Our tech teams have said that the message regarding the stream quality should not have any affect on you using the app or the quality you receive from our service.

Sony have got a fix for the issue and that is due to be released this month, our teams will then need to carry out further tests on this fix once deployed by Sony.

I will keep you posted once I get more news.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When will this issue be fixed? I am paying £32pm for an entirely unacceptable quality of stream, constant buffering, picture quality dismal when it stops buffering. All my other streaming apps work perfectly. I have watched this same app all of last season with no issues with quality. You have updated this app and degraded the quality. Would you stop ignoring and fobbing off your customers and tell us when will it be fixed?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We can only apologise for the delay.

As @Simon-J mentioned on his post last week the issue is still under investigation.

I will send an email to chase and provide an update when I have new information.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having this issue too. Clearly a now tv issue. 

Paying for something I can't even use. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am experiencing poor picture quality also whilst streaming films through my ps4, the stream quality is also showing 0. I've removed and re installed the app and reset my router etc. All my other apps, Netflix etc work fine in full HD and I'm getting Internet speeds of 30-40mbps so it has to be a problem with Now TV 😕 Not great since it's the most expensive subscription service.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your both having similar issues.

Would you be able to let me know the answers to the following questions :

Internet provider -

ADSL/Fibre services -

Any firewall/virus software installed -

Is your PS4 fully upto date -

Results from this speedtest

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
- EE fibre
- No antivirus as using PS4 so only console protection
- My wi-Fi speed is between 18-25
- PS4 is definitely up to date, so is the App I'm using for NOW TV

I look forward to your reply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting back to us with that.

Can you try setting a static IP via these steps?

1. Go to Settings, Network then View Connection Status.
2. Make a note of your default router IP Address (this can also be found on the back of your router).
3. Go back and select Set up Internet Connection.
4. Select Use WiFi or Use LAN (Wired) depending on the connection you’re using.
5. Select Custom.
If your connecting wirelessly scan for routers and type your security pass at this point.
6. In IP Address select Manual and complete the following:
• IP Address : Use your router IP Address but change the last digit to a different number of your choice
• Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
• Default Router : Your router IP Address
• Primary DNS : Your router IP Address
• Secondary DNS : 0.0.0.0
7. Press Right on the controller and select:
• MTU Settings : Automatic
• Proxy Server : Do Not Use
• UPnP : Enabled
8. Select X to save and test your connection

Please let us know how you get on and if this improves things for you.

Thanks

Rob 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Rob,

Thank you for your response.

I've tried your suggestion and there is still no continuous play. It stops after approximately 2 1/2 minutes where you have to cancel and re-play it.

Is there another alternative as I know I'm not the only person and some of my friends are also having the same issue.

At the moment we're paying for a service on a system your company cannot deliver your service through yet EVERY other provider can including the BBC! Please let me know what you suggest ASAP as this is getting very annoying and frustrating.

Thank you!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've reinstalled the application as well as setup a static IP.

The quality has not improved and reminds me of watching pirate videos as a teenager.