cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodAlcorn

You've reached your device limit

I have done all that they say and I still get the same message. Very frustrating as I missing the dats and LFC vs Newcastle!

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@RodAlcorn 

Done all who say?

Have you got Boost?

Are you trying to Chromecast? That counts as two devices unless you do it in the right order, putting the source of the casting into cast mode before you start casting it.

Are you trying to move from one device to another? Then you must explicitly stop the stream on the first device, not just exit the app or switch off the device.

But even if you don’t do this properly, the delay should be no more than 20 minutes, so you shouldn’t lose access to two entire sporting events.

If you are, then maybe Now have got your streams count wrong; you will need to talk to them on Live Chat if this is the case.

The following link leads you to direct contact with Now:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RodAlcorn 

Just to follow up from @RoyB there is no FAQ for the switching of devices without boost, but he is indeed right you must cleaning exit the stream by hitting back until you get to the homepage. 

Without boost you will be guaranteed to come across this highly annoying issue. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @RodAlcorn 

Er….

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Doh!

Good to know it’s all in there and something to save me typing it out. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Have bookmarked that link in hope that I remember to use that. Always good to point users to links instead of my typed drivel!