Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Watch NOW from your browser

Hi everyone,

We have some great news to share! From today you can stream all our brilliant content directly from your web browser – you’ll no longer need to use the NOW Player to watch on your PC or Mac. Find out more about all the different ways to watch here

SimonJ_0-1687960053644.png

Thanks

Simon

40 REPLIES 40
RoyB
Legend

@Heinstein 

Bit of a weasel-word here, “supported”. Do Now mean “absolutely will not work” or do they just mean “don’t come crying to us if you get a problem doing this”?

The latter is perfectly fair enough; it means Now haven’t certified the browsers on these platforms by doing their battery of tests, checking for gotchas, or undertaking to fix any issues that may arise in the browsers, but only on these platforms.

So don’t keep it quiet, and if you get any issues on the Chromebook, then try the same thing, whatever it is, on Chrome on a platform that Now do support.

If you do, you can report them as issues on the supported browser; if not, then you can understand why Now don’t officially support, in the sense of putting resources behind, that browser.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

Personally, I wonder if that note about Chromebooks and Linux is simply redundant now that HTML5  is used on supported browsers. And NOW have simply overlooked that it should be removed? 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Bum, no option to edit now, forgive the use of "simply" in two successive sentences. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Ah, a man after my own heart, a proponent of elegant variation 😛 When Now permits, that is….

If I remember rightly, they were first mentioned as supported, then nothing, then that they weren’t supported.

Possibly when Now realised how many of each sort of device they would need on the equipment rack if they did claim to support Now on browsers on each platform.

As above ‘not supported’ doesn’t necessarily mean ‘does not work’, it just means ‘is not guaranteed to work’

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Simon-J I was going to reference this thread in response to another one, but I notice that the link in your OP is corrupted/broken? 

redchiz1
Champion 2

That was quickly fixed, nice one!  🙂

ME0000011111
Advocate

It doesn't work. Ever since you have been streaming through the browser I get an error message and no stream. Tried several browsers. It worked with the NOW TV app. When will this be fixed?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ME0000011111 

Have you cleared cookies and data?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
TheSullster
Advocate

Since moving to browser only on PC I'm having persistant issues of streams pausing to buffer or poor steam quality at random times both Live coverage and on demand. I'm only having issues with NowTV no other streaming service and i have tested my speeds getting 121mbps and low ping. I've tried it in Edge, Edge beta, and chrome. Its so prevelent I'm contemplating cancelling all subscriptions. i tried the mobile app on my connection and getting no issues, and in the previous windows app i also had no issues previously.

HA1
Advocate

Now that we have to view content in the browser the full screen function doesn't work.  Is this a known issues and is it being fixed?