cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The account passes page never loads

I want to cancel a pass on my account, so I go to: https://account.nowtv.com/passes

This page just has a loading symbol and nothing else. It never actually loads. The one page responsible for allowing me to cancel my subscription is broken when viewed in firefox. Works in internet explorer. This is not good.

5 REPLIES 5
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Did you try suspending any ad-blocking software you may have installed with FireFox?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue no matter what browser I use. I've done all the usual of clearing cache, rebooting, logging in/out etc. and I've disabled ad blockers.

Ironically I am trying to BUY a pass!?! 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you tried a different device? Whilst PC/Mac is recommended you shouldn't have a problem with most smart phones/tablets. 

Also make ale sure you don't connect via a VPN or have made any other changes to your broadband to make it appear you are outside the UK (eg if you watch Netflix US).

Alternately you could check the NOW TV app on whichever device you watch NOW TV on as some (but not all) of these allow you to buy a pass direct from the app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Andy.

After I posted last night I systematically went through a checklist of things to try and I noticed that I couldb't get the main body of content to load on another website that uses similar web scripts to that used on NowTV.com.

I disabled my browser ad blockers to no avail, then I also disabled AdGuard, and finally had the solution.

In between times, I managed to buy a pass using my mobile device, though not via the Now TV app (as I couldn't see an option on that for buying a pass on my iPhone app), but by going to the desktop site on my mobile instead.

So as you say, the solution is to use a phone or tablet, or ensure all ad blockers, browser based and OS based, are temporarily disabled.

Got there in the end. Thanks for the input.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Glad you got sorted, useful to know what your problem was, might help someone else! 🙂