cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris001
Advocate

Someone is apparently watching content with my login

Hello everyone, 

Firstly - I cannot see a generic contact us number for NowTV - is this a deliberate "dark pattern" or am I missing something, seems somewhat disingenuous to rely on forums for technical support?

However, logged into Nowtv app today and various tv channels i have never watched have "X" amounts of time watched.

So, unless this is a bug - someone has access to my account/login.

How can I fix this?

Many thanks in advance,

• PC
2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Chris001 

Are you talking about the TV guide?

Or are you talking about the continue watching list? 

The TV guide prominent regardless of what memberships you have, so it will have a listing of the overall channels in no particular order. 

gavs82008_0-1677572442072.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Chris001 

Here’s a link to an earlier posting of mine that covers this area. It’s in the context of the more serious situation where someone is actually buying memberships on the original poster’s account, but this could happen to you if you don’t have a Payment PIN set.

I suggest looking at the devices on your account, as this can tell you if somebody is watching on a device you don’t recognise, or watching on one of your usual devices; as Now don’t have Profiles, a partner, or flatmate, or whatever, watching on one of your usual devices, could be moving these progress bars.

Though maybe you live alone, in which case look for unrecognised devices, or maybe you sold a TV without factory resetting it first, so it still has Now on it, which the new owner has found?

Anyway, read this posting, and do come back if you still have queries:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Unknown-charges/m-p/597279/highlight/true#M21471

NB: There is no telephone support for Now streaming, only for Now Broadband.

I talk in the link about contacting Live Chat, which you will need to do; details on how to access this are in @gavs82008‘s posting above mine in the linked thread.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.