cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feathers-mcgraw
Advocate

JavaScript Error on macOS NowTV Player

I have just paid for NowTV and downloaded the macOS player to start watching. Whenever I try to watch content I get the following JavaScript error:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Uncaught Exception:

Error: ENOENT, dist/src/certs/[voucher code removed]-crt.pem not found in /Applications/NOW TV Player.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar

at notFoundError (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:114:19)

at Object.fs.readFileSync (ELECTRON_ASAR.js:516:9)

at readAndDecrypt (eval at <anonymous> (/Applications/NOW TV Player.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/dist/src/electron.js:18:1), <anonymous>:16836:354)

at makeOptions (eval at <anonymous> (/Applications/NOW TV Player.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/dist/src/electron.js:18:1), <anonymous>:28892:1315)

at handleOvpRequest (eval at <anonymous> (/Applications/NOW TV Player.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/dist/src/electron.js:18:1), <anonymous>:28892:1594)

at EventEmitter._electron.ipcMain.on (eval at <anonymous> (/Applications/NOW TV Player.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/dist/src/electron.js:18:1), <anonymous>:16855:1609)

at emitTwo (events.js:125:13)

at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:213:7)

at WebContents.<anonymous> (/Applications/NOW TV Player.app/Contents/Resources/electron.asar/browser/api/web-contents.js:266:13)

at emitTwo (events.js:125:13)

Then click 'OK' (the only option) and get the following error:

Uncaught Exception:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'show' of null

at Timeout.setTimeout [as _onTimeout] (eval at <anonymous> (/Applications/NOW TV Player.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/dist/src/electron.js:18:1), <anonymous>:16853:207)

at ontimeout (timers.js:469:11)

at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:304:5)

at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:264:5)

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the player multiple times. Running as admin user as well. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Would like to be able to watch the content I'm paying for 😞 

2 REPLIES 2
redchiz1
Champion 2

Honestly? Avoid the player on macOS if you can, many users have issues. It is far better to use NOW on many other devices. You can nevertheless contact the support team by clicking on the green Chat online button near the top of the page here

RoyB
Legend

@feathers-mcgraw 

Ensure you are using the most up-to-date release of MacOS.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.