cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GraphiteGB
Champion

Re: Problem with Now Tv Player on MacBook Air

@Andy wrote:

@GraphiteGB I don't know tbh as I don't use the Sky apps, and I'm not an expert on these things, but by the sound of it they are basically the same (ie as basic as you can get, purely used for playback and nothing else). It's an Electron app if that helps!

@Andy

Ta

Is your working mac a broadwell CPU which has 6100 and later Iris GPU... 

They also dropped the Last digit from the numbering so it becomes 550 and 610 or something like that...

I Do not work for SkyUK or NowTV...

As I No longer live in the UK, I no longer run the NowTv boxes... So am an Ex Community Contributor user

SIEE Beta Tester since PS2. Rejected PSP and VITA day one...

Currently own and run these devices PS3, PS4, Chromecast, Sky+HD box, Quad OS boot HP Laptop, Amazon Fire tablet and TV box
0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@GraphiteGB Nothing that new! Also I'm an iMac user, not MBP/MBA.

0 Thanks
Brandscill
Scholar 2

@Andy wrote:

@GraphiteGB I don't know tbh as I don't use the Sky apps, and I'm not an expert on these things, but by the sound of it they are basically the same (ie as basic as you can get, purely used for playback and nothing else). It's an Electron app if that helps!

Interesting they chose Electron when it's only running on the one platform. Reckon they'll open up Linux support?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
GraphiteGB
Champion

@Brandscill wrote:

@Andy wrote:

Interesting they chose Electron when it's only running on the one platform. Reckon they'll open up Linux support?

@Brandscill

Don't expect it, with Linux running Even less DRM compliant drivers, even less DRM will be supported... Its likely to be even worse than the failure to support intell HD they did here...

And they will have to do Multi version package builds with each release which puts people off any way..

I Do not work for SkyUK or NowTV...

As I No longer live in the UK, I no longer run the NowTv boxes... So am an Ex Community Contributor user

SIEE Beta Tester since PS2. Rejected PSP and VITA day one...

Currently own and run these devices PS3, PS4, Chromecast, Sky+HD box, Quad OS boot HP Laptop, Amazon Fire tablet and TV box
0 Thanks
Taffhamster
Advocate

I've had a problem since installing the mandatory upgrade yesterday. They sent me a fix but it was for the previous version – luckily I was able to reinstall the viewer, not that it's changed the original situation. I get sound but a blank black screen on my Macbook. I've been told they're "working on fixing the glitch" but that was a day ago. Great. 

0 Thanks