cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem with Now Tv Player on MacBook Air

Can now only watch Now Tv with Now Tv Player. On my Macbook Air. The problem is I have sound but no picture. Anybody else having the same issue?

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User I don't know tbh as I don't use the Sky apps, and I'm not an expert on these things, but by the sound of it they are basically the same (ie as basic as you can get, purely used for playback and nothing else). It's an Electron app if that helps!

@Andy

Ta

Is your working mac a broadwell CPU which has 6100 and later Iris GPU... 

They also dropped the Last digit from the numbering so it becomes 550 and 610 or something like that...

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Nothing that new! Also I'm an iMac user, not MBP/MBA.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User I don't know tbh as I don't use the Sky apps, and I'm not an expert on these things, but by the sound of it they are basically the same (ie as basic as you can get, purely used for playback and nothing else). It's an Electron app if that helps!

Interesting they chose Electron when it's only running on the one platform. Reckon they'll open up Linux support?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Andy wrote:

Interesting they chose Electron when it's only running on the one platform. Reckon they'll open up Linux support?

@Anonymous User

Don't expect it, with Linux running Even less DRM compliant drivers, even less DRM will be supported... Its likely to be even worse than the failure to support intell HD they did here...

And they will have to do Multi version package builds with each release which puts people off any way..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had a problem since installing the mandatory upgrade yesterday. They sent me a fix but it was for the previous version – luckily I was able to reinstall the viewer, not that it's changed the original situation. I get sound but a blank black screen on my Macbook. I've been told they're "working on fixing the glitch" but that was a day ago. Great.