cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Player for Mac OS not working

Whenever you click a show to watch in the browser, the NowTV player app launches but doesn't play anything, instead directing you to the website to select something to watch.

This loop continues ad nauseum.

I'm paying money for a service that has started forcing me to watch adverts before shows, and now I can't even do that. 

Sort it out. Appaling service.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's really irritating and they need to sort it but...

...when it happens, you can usually 'fix' it by uninstalling the Player app and reinstalling.

You will need to clear your cache/cookies (or just the NowTV ones) otherwise it will think you still have the app and won't give you the option to download it again.

So, uninstall.  Then clear cache/cookies.  Then go back to the NowTV site, sign in again, and choose your movie.  It will then prompt you to install the app as it did the first time you did it.

It seems to happen to me at least once every couple of weeks so I've actually just retained the installer on my laptop to lose a couple of steps.  Only reason I'm still using NowTV is due to winning a free month with a packet of crisps!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just had a 50 minute 'chat' with 3 different agents, who denied any knowledge of a problem with the mac app. 

I follow all the installation steps (including clearing cookies etc) and just get a message to say installation cannot complete. If anyone has a solution, please shout! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I know your message was a little while back but I may be able to help. 

1.remove all versions of now tv from your computer and restart.

2.download the installer but do not run yet. 

3.open the terminal and run the installer as admin. Don't worry that it doesn't install.

4.in the nowtv terminal window that will have opened during the failed install look in the last few lines for "error the package path specified was invalid" 

5. Navigate to folder location specified after the error and copy the "nowtv player. Dmg" to your destop and run.

6. Installation complete !!! Sit back and enjoy !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Result, thanks for sharing that advice. Its a shame NOW TV can't create a simple fix as its clearly possible to make it work! 

Cheers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could you expalin better?

How I can run the installer as admin?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thats the solution Now TV state already. It doesn't work!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  It is a two year old fix now, I'm not that surprised it doesn't work anymore. Sorry

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The same thing is happening to me right now, it is so frustrating!

What an absolute waste of money!

I can't watch the game that I've paid for and it's just kicked off!

Brilliant!!!

Terrible service Now TV absolute shambles!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me Too!! I'm missing the cricket