cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Player Bug - Very High CPU Usage

Hi,

I believe I have found a bug in the NowTV player (or, to be more specific, the CiscoVideoGuard component of the NowTV Player).

I use a Powerline adapter to get an internet connection in a different part of a property. This works well, but can be temperamental - the connection will drop out for a few minutes from time to time. Either rebooting the adapter, or waiting a few minutes causes the connection to return.

When this happens while I'm watching a programme using the NowTV player, as expected the audio vanishes and it starts buffering (although I normally pause it as soon as the audio stops).

At this point, the CiscoVideoGuard process starts using a ridiculous amount of CPU - it peaked at 403% recently (when I looked initially, it was at 374%). The fans were going crazy.

When the connection came back, and the programme started playing again, the CPU usage of CiscoVideoGuard went back to normal, and the fans stopped running at high speed.

Please could you (NowTV, and by extension, those employed by NowTV to develop the NowTV player application), please contact Cisco and ask them to fix this issue.

I should mention that this is on a Mid-2015 MacBook Pro (unmodified).

Thank you,

Liam

0 REPLIES 0