cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ethernet not working on one device

Hi, at my household we have 2 computers and they're connected to the router via ethernet cables. Both cables work fine but the internet won't work on one of the computers, even when we tried mobile tethering. I have tried multiple times to fix the issue by reconnecting the ethernet cables, swapping them, swapping the ports I put the cables into, restarting the router and restarting the computer that has the problem.
The wifi works on all devices, including the one I attempted to tether from.
I'd appreciate some help as soon as possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does the computer that doesn't work over Ethernet not work on either Ethernet port on the NowTV Hub Router ?

Have you gone into the NowTV Hub webpage settings by typing 192.168.0.1 in your URL address bar browser and when prompted type admin nowtv for the username and password and under the Ethernet Tab try changing the setting from Gigabit Ethernet to Fast Ethernet.

It's a bit of a long shot but worth a try.

Also see if there is anything on your PC settings that is blocking the use of the Ethernet port on the NowTV Hub Router.

Sorry i can't offer any further suggestions where my PC knowledge is pretty limited where i am more of an AV enthusiast.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does the computer that doesn't work over Ethernet not work on either Ethernet port on the NowTV Hub Router ?

Have you gone into the NowTV Hub webpage settings by typing 192.168.0.1 in your URL address bar browser and when prompted type admin nowtv for the username and password and under the Ethernet Tab try changing the setting from Gigabit Ethernet to Fast Ethernet.

It's a bit of a long shot but worth a try.

Also see if there is anything on your PC settings that is blocking the use of the Ethernet port on the NowTV Hub Router.

Sorry i can't offer any further suggestions where my PC knowledge is pretty limited where i am more of an AV enthusiast.